Research and Development Division
The Research & Development Division of the SLILG support Local Authorities & Provincial Councils by conducting Research & Surveys and dissemination of finding and recommendations for the policy making process to strengthen both the Local Government & Provincial Council sectors. Also the Division conducts capacity development programs based on the findings of the research studies conducted by the division.
- To undertake promote and conduct Research on Local Government and Provincial Council sectors to improve the capacities.
- Dissemination of Research findings among relevant Policy Makers & Implementing Agencies for Policy making process.
- To unearth areas of Importance for new Research initiatives.
- Documentation of Research outputs.
- Publish Research findings relevant to Local Government & Provincial Councils.
- Link with National as well as International Research Bodies in the area of Governance.
- Link with the line Ministry to maintain a Data Base of Provincial Councils & Local Authorities.
- Conducting courses/workshops on Research Methodology for relevant officials of the Local Government and Provincial Council sectors at National, Provincial & District levels to develop a research culture.
- To provide awareness for Elected Members and Officials of Local Authorities and Provincial Councils based on the findings of the research studies.