Engineering Division of Local Authorities and Provincial Councils is a very important Division for general public. Any construction or maintenance work in the area always benefits the local population. The reason for this is that the development of Infrastructure in the rural areas has a direct impact on their day-to-day life. Therefore, Engineering Division of SLILG has a very vital role to play in this regard. The technical capacities of Local Authority technical divisions have to be developed and upgraded to meet these challenges. As a measure of achieving the above tasks, the training, research and consultancy programmes are provided through the Engineering Division of SLILG for Technical and Technical relevant other Staff of Local Authorities & Provincial Councils. Finally, it is expected to provide better rural road network, better buildings for essential services, effective water supply schemes and environment friendly solid waste management system for the general public.
- Capacity development & knowledge enhancement for provincial engineers on contract administration, procurement, financial regulations.
- Training programmes for technical officers on legal framework and solid waste management.
- Providing training for technical officers in PCs.
- Training of newly recruited technical officers.
- Training and Capacity Development of Work Supervisors (WS)
- Introduction of community based approach for rural road construction and rural water supply.
- Organizing and conducting training programmes for the Technical and Engineering relevant other staff of LAs and PCs at National Level and Provincial Level.
- Assisting and conducting of Provincial Level training programmers for all province.